Foodservice.com Forums
Home |  Restaurant BizTalk  |  Chef and Cook's Corner |  Industry Currents |  TechTalk  |  CafTalk  |  Food Safety
Forums New Posts Messages My Account  
Foodservice.com > Restaurant Biz Talk > What is your top selling menu item?

Viewing Thread: What is your top selling menu item?
Subscribe
July 12, 2006 3:30 PM quote 
ViewGistics is offline ViewGistics
 What is your top selling menu item?
I am curious to learn what are your top selling items and by how much does it beat number two on the menu. I like tenderloin, broiled haddock, and beer battered perch. How do these stack up?

Robert
Sponsorship
July 12, 2006 6:05 PM quote 
miahoyhoy is offline miahoyhoy

Tenderloin and my Wienerschnitzel are very consistant sellers.
When I do Diver Scallops they tend to sell well.
Chicken is a hit or miss. I'll go days without selling one then blow through them. Takes the right kind of price minded folk to put a dent in them. ;)
Eat Globally, Cook Locally

[url=http://www.fitwoman.com[/URL]
July 12, 2006 6:25 PM quote 
milkman is offline milkman

Our top seller is the Philly Cheese Steak (made with white american). The burger is a close second. We also sell alot of broasted chicken and on Fridays we do an all-you-can-eat fish fry that is the top seller for the night.

Milkman
Sponsorship
July 12, 2006 8:08 PM quote 
The Riddler is offline The Riddler

Our house salad, it's spinach tossed in a sweet poppy seed dressing with toasted almonds on top. People go crazy for the dressing and one customer reported back that they took it a picnic and someone drank the dressing out of the bottom of the bowl.

Yowza, crazy!
July 12, 2006 10:59 PM quote 
chef_C_NE is offline chef_C_NE

Chicken Fried Steak, followed by ribeyes and any of our sandwiches.

Salmon and Trout go pretty well too.
The more I know, the more I know I don't know.
July 13, 2006 12:09 AM quote 
YVETTE is offline YVETTE

American food, Chicken Fried Steak. Mexican food, Beef Fajitas.

Y
July 13, 2006 7:16 AM quote 
Steve A is offline Steve A

Lunch time: Grilled chicken breast slathered with parmesan peppercorn dressing on a large salad. (Ticket in to order out, 3-5 minutes; I keep chicken breast grilling over low heat during lunch until I get an order in then finish them off.)

Dinnertime, sirloins and ribeyes.

Lunch I know about, dinner I'm basing on talk from the others and what I have to restock in the mornings.

Ciao,

Give 'em what they want. Just make it better than they expected. 

July 13, 2006 8:52 PM quote 
CafeManager is offline CafeManager

Trash Plates its a Ny thing
Mac Salad,Baked Beans,Potatoes (fries or just cooked diced) topped with 2 burgers or 2 hot dogs (preferably Zweigles white hots) or one of each then topped with diced onions meat style hot sauce and a slice of french bread.This is one of upstate nys most popular plates. The younger crowd loves them as an after the bar type meal..But I sell them at my establishment for lunch and they sell like crazy.
July 13, 2006 9:40 PM quote 
varenikje1 is offline varenikje1
 wienerschnitzel or not
miahoyhoy wrote:
Tenderloin and my Wienerschnitzel are very consistant sellers.
When I do Diver Scallops they tend to sell well.
Chicken is a hit or miss. I'll go days without selling one then blow through them. Takes the right kind of price minded folk to put a dent in them. ;)

what is wienerschnitzel, exactly? is it veal? someone told me they thought pork was also wienerschnitzel, but breaded a certain way? What do you do?

Varen
July 13, 2006 9:51 PM quote 
varenikje1 is offline varenikje1
 just about forgot
I guess in my fervor to know what wienerschnitzel is, I forgot that this is a poll.

Okay, our best selling stuff is..lunch: fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy/hot roast beef sandwich, mashed potatoes & gravy/Salad bar goes with all of our lunch specials but is also a favorite on its own. We finally figgered out the plating/pricing thing and it is working great. Dinners: CFS, Sirloin, prime rib...chicken does okay (grilled/parmesan/alfredo) seafood fav is grilled salmon.

Everybody likes our real mashed potatoes and real gravy (no mixes, reconstituted or bagged). also all of our salads and items on our salad bar are made in our kitchen, no premade salads. Also, all of our pies and crusts are made right in our own kitchen from real ingredients, not pie filling from a can or a tub. Not a menu item, I know, but just stuff that is popular.

Varen
All times US/Eastern. Current date and time: October 31, 2014 7:05 AM

Copyright © 1996-2011 Foodservice.com ®. All Rights Reserved.