Foodservice.com Forums
Home |  Restaurant BizTalk  |  Chef and Cook's Corner |  Industry Currents |  TechTalk  |  CafTalk  |  Food Safety
Forums New Posts Messages My Account  
Foodservice.com > Chefs and Cooks Corner > Strangest customer request?

Viewing Thread: Strangest customer request?
Subscribe
March 12, 2001 10:33 PM quote 
 is offline
Chefs...what's the most bizarre customer request you've seen so far?
Sponsorship
March 13, 2001 1:00 AM quote 
 is offline
great question Dave! This should be fun(ny).One I scratched my head over was "onion soup-no onions-she's allergic to them".
George
March 13, 2001 5:57 AM quote 
 is offline
Dave, mine was she needed a beef burger with cheese and a cheese burger without cheese.
))
Sponsorship
March 13, 2001 7:49 AM quote 
 is offline
Beef wellington for two...
I will have mine rare, she wants hers medium.
March 13, 2001 8:09 AM quote 
 is offline
Could we get a table for four, half in and half out of the smoking section?
March 16, 2001 12:01 PM quote 
 is offline
We'd like a pizza but could you make 1/2 of that well done. Customers are always good for a laugh.
March 16, 2001 8:16 PM quote 
 is offline
Hi Dave:
Hamburger medium rare with one ounce beluga caviar. This member came 3 times per week and ordered the same think. $ 6o.oo for a burger. This was in the 80's when people spend more money.
Good question, Dave
Chef Rene
March 17, 2001 5:47 PM quote 
 is offline
Hi Dave:
Wedge of Iceberg lettuce served with cocktail sauce or sour cream
March 18, 2001 4:32 PM quote 
 is offline
it was very early on a saturday evening & a couple came in to dine with this little kid tagging along (a rare circumstance, for us).

the next thing you know, one of my waiters comes rushing into the kitchen with this absolutely horrified look on his face & tells me, in exaspiration "they want chicken nuggets & fries for the little kid!" so i asked him, "you got five bucks on you?" to which he responds, "yeah." so i told him to have his busser run down to a mcdonalds and get an order of chicken mcnuggets & fries, which he did so, immediately.

the busser comes running back a few minutes later with a little "mickie d's" sack dicreetly held in his hand & just in time to plate it, along with mommy & daddy's main course!

the little curtain climber was quite pleased, as were his parents. we charged them $12.00.

now, if you wanted to know what goes on ocassionaly @ table 10 or 43 - well, let's just say that i wouldn't dare discuss those unmentionable things in these fora but, suffice it to say that "table 43" or "table 10" has become something of an amusing code word around here...

March 20, 2001 9:13 PM quote 
 is offline
Hi Dave:
Very similar story. A guest with a member came to the club for dinner. Since I was making my usual rounds greeting and talking to the members I overheard from this gentleman ( have been on the road for the past 2 weeks and I am getting tired of gourmet and fancy foods, I would enjoy a plain Mc Donald cheese burger) I returned to the kitchen and asked one of my dishwashers to drive to Mc Donald and pick up a cheese burger. He returned and when the dinner came out we place it under a dome as we do all dinners, you should see his face. He joined one of our affiliates clubs.
Have a great day
Chef Rene
All times US/Eastern. Current date and time: October 22, 2014 11:21 AM

Copyright © 1996-2011 Foodservice.com ®. All Rights Reserved.